Jr Coaches / On-Ice Asst.
All Junior Coaches must complete the online Junior Coach course found on the Ringette Alberta website at
RAB Junior Coach Program
Jr. Coaches MUST wear full equipment at ALL times when on ice.
To qualify to be a Jr. Coach, you must meet the following criteria:
- Any Ringette athlete between the ages of 14 and 17 years at the start of the season, who is currently playing or who played in the previous season may apply to be a Junior Coach with Airdrie Ringette.
- There is no limit to the number of Junior Coaches on a Team Roster, however Airdrie Ringette will only pay to register a maximum of TWO PER TEAM. If teams wish to register more than two Junior Coaches, it is at their expense.
- Junior Coaches DO NOT replace mandatory, fully certified female coaches who must be at least 18 years of age.
- It is the responsibility of the Head Coach to ensure a Junior Coach completes the required worksheets as per Ringette Alberta‘s policy.
- No Coach, including Junior Coaches, should be alone with athletes at any time, including in the dressing room. Junior Coaches should also not be alone with Coaches at any time, this is the responsibility of both the Coach and the Junior Coach.
- Unless agreed to by the majority of parents, travel expenses for Junior Coaches are not the responsibility of the team.
- It is the responsibility of the Head Coach to ensure the Ringette Alberta Policy regarding Team Staff is followed. This policy can be found in its entirety on the Ringette Alberta website: www.ringettealberta.com. If a team is found in violation of this policy, they will be responsible for any fines imposed.
On-Ice Assistants are parents or volunteers wishing to assist with practices and testing days must complete this online program to gain important subject knowledge, and be assigned on the roster in this role. Coach Initiation eModule
To qualify to be an On-Ice Assistant, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Assist teams registered in U19 or younger
- Only help during practices and Testing Days; not certified to be on the bench for games; league or exhibition, tournaments, etc.
- Complete ans submit a Police check to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be registered on the Team Roster as an On-Ice Assistant
If we have more applicants than teams we will go with the order applications are received. Those 15 and older also must obtain our police check.
Note: the Coach Initiation eModule does not expire and will not need renewal. To find out which statuses require renewal and PD points, check our NCCP page.
Both the Junior Coaches and On Ice Assistants will be required to complete the Coach Initiation eModule. More information on how to complete is available through the link.